The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) is excited to announce its new student pharmacist chapters! This initiative was developed for aspiring students looking to enhance their awareness and knowledge of the growing field of specialty pharmacy through education, professional development, and networking with pharmacists within NASP.
As the specialty pharmacy industry continues to grow and evolve, the need for specialty pharmacists becomes more prominent. Being an active member of a student chapter will help you keep your finger on the pulse of this dynamic industry as you prepare to enter the workforce. NASP is committed to the support and development of future practicing specialty pharmacists and student membership has many benefits, including:
- Specialized workshops, educational sessions, and hands-on leadership opportunities to strengthen skills and expand your network;
- Participation on NASP committees and task forces to help shape national policy, NASP priorities, education, and the Annual Meeting programming;
- Exclusive access to the NASP Center for Specialty Pharmacy Education
- Delivery of a daily e-news summary on the important developments in specialty pharmacy, the pharma/biotech industry, reimbursement, and policy;
- Discounted registration to the Annual Meeting and Exposition.
With the strong support of NASP leadership and the growing interest of specialty pharmacy, we believe that our student pharmacist chapters will provide a unique opportunity for all students to gain an in-depth knowledge, experience, and exposure to the evolving issues facing specialty pharmacy today.
NASP currently has over 70 student members, which include students from the following universities that have active student chapters:
- The Ohio State University
- University at Buffalo
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
Download the Student Chapter Application – Applications are due by October 15th
If you are interested in joining one of our student chapters or have any questions about joining NASP, please do not hesitate to contact us at SASP@NASPnet.org.