Congratulations! Three deserving students have been awarded scholarships!
After carefully evaluating the candidates, the 2022 application submission period has ended, and the winners have been announced! They are:
- Lauren Ozier, University of Kentucky
- Raye Mutcherson, University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy
- Chelsea Keating, Oregon Health and Science University
Scholarship recipients were announced at the NASP 2022 Annual Meeting & Expo on Tuesday, September 20, at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
We are extremely grateful to Onco360 Oncology Pharmacy for their continued financial support of this program.
The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) Ron Bookman Scholarship program was created in memory of our beloved friend and colleague, Ron Bookman.
Three non-renewable scholarships in the amount of $2,500 are awarded each year and may be used for tuition, fees, and/or books. College students from all fields of study are encouraged to apply. Each year, the scholarships are awarded to students for their academic achievement, a commitment to serving others, a strong work ethic, and leadership qualities.
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled in a U.S. accredited college/university and attending full-time
- A U.S. citizen
- Applicants should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Scholarship Nomination Submissions
NASP members in good standing may submit student nominations.
- The annual deadline for nominations varies but is typically in mid-July.
- Nomination requirements:
- Completed application
- An essay written by the student which includes:
- academic and career goals and plans to achieve them
- life experiences that have shaped who you are today and any challenges you have overcome in achieving your education (i.e., financial, personal, medical, etc.)
- any honors or awards received
- demonstration of the Scholarship Qualities listed below
- A letter of nomination from a NASP member in good standing, signed and submitted by the NASP member (must be signed by the NASP member and include phone number and email address). Please note: The letter of nomination from an NASP member in good standing and the letter of recommendation from a non-relative must be submitted by different individuals. They cannot be provided by the same person.
- A letter of recommendation from a non-relative (must be signed by the non-relative and include phone number and email address). Please note: The letter of nomination from an NASP member in good standing and the letter of recommendation from a non-relative must be submitted by different individuals. They cannot be provided by the same person.
- Submission of transcript / verification of GPA
The NASP Ron Bookman Memorial scholarship honors the memory of Ron Bookman, an industry leader and influencer with unique qualities and values. Ron was a powerful mentor, and he was committed to lifelong learning dedicated to helping others find success and gratification in their life and careers.
Strong applicants possess these Ron Bookman-like qualities and their essay reflects how they demonstrate these qualities in every day life:
- Demonstrate a desire to make a meaningful contribution to society both present and future.
- Be involved in a balance of community, school, and work activities.
- Demonstrate industry involvement.
- Pursue goals and aspirations with integrity, resolution, self-discipline, and judgment.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics and/or assumed leadership positions that elevate the industry and desired profession.
- Demonstrate honesty. Be straightforward and trustworthy in all of your interactions, relationships, and thoughts.
- Be responsible and accept accountability for your behavior and choices.
- Offer respect as a sign of your value and your ability to accept the inherent flaws we all possess.
- Possess humility and gratitude. Express gratitude for all that you have as opposed to expecting or believing you deserve more.
- Strive to make decisions and take actions that are fair and will result in the best possible outcome for all involved.
- Be authentic and self-aware. Be your real and true self without pretension.
- Be kind, considerate, conscientious, and helpful.
The NASP Ron Bookman Scholarship Program is administered by a Scholarship Committee comprised of NASP members and staff. The committee provides fiduciary oversight, establishes the scholarship criteria, reviews nominations, and selects scholarship recipients.
For questions, please email email@example.com.