Four (4) non-renewable scholarships in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, and/or books.
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled in a U.S. accredited college/university and attending full-time
- A U.S. citizen
- In years three through six if pursuing a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree
- Applicants should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants from all fields of study are eligible to apply
Submit the completed application online with all required documentation. Only complete applications will be considered. The deadline for submission is July 15, 2021.
- Completed application
- An essay written by the student
- A letter of nomination from a National Association of Specialty Pharmacy member in good standing. Letter must be signed by the NASP member and include phone number and email address.
- A letter of recommendation from a non-relative. Letter must be signed by the non-relative and include phone number and email address.
- Transcript/Verification of GPA
Complete an essay that addresses the following:
- Describe your academic and career goals and your plans to achieve them
- What life experiences have shaped who you are today and what challenges you have overcome in achieving your education (i.e. financial, personal, medical, etc.)?
- Discuss any honors or awards you have received
- Review the Scholarship Qualities below and describe how you demonstrate these qualities
The NASP Ron Bookman Memorial scholarship honors the memory of a great industry leader and influencer with unique qualities and values. Ron was a powerful mentor and he was committed to helping other find success and gratification in their life and careers. Some of his “teachings” are below. Strong applicants will possess these qualities.
- Demonstrate a desire to make a meaningful contribution to society both present and future.
- Be involved in a balance of community, school, and work activities.
- Demonstrate industry involvement.
- Pursue goals and aspirations with integrity, resolution, self-discipline and judgment.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics and/or assumed leadership positions that elevate the industry and desired profession.
- Be honest, straightforward, and trustworthy in all of your interactions, relationships, and thoughts.
- Be responsible and accept accountability for your behavior and choices.
- Offer respect as a sign of your value and your ability to accept the inherent flaws we all possess.
- Possess humility and gratitude. Don’t see yourself as “too good” for other people or situations. Express gratitude for all that you have as opposed to expecting or believing you deserve more.
- Strive to make decisions and take actions that are fair and will result in the best possible outcome for all involved.
- Be authentic and self-aware. Be your real and true self without pretension.
- Be kind, considerate, conscientious, and helpful.
- Follow your dreams. Never let others get in your way. Always be brilliant.
The NASP Ron Bookman Scholarship Program is administered by a Scholarship Committee comprised of NASP members and staff. The committee provides fiduciary oversight, establishes the scholarship criteria, reviews nominations, and selects scholarship recipients.