NASP’s Student Chapter Program provides opportunities for future pharmacists to extend their learning beyond the classroom. Chapter involvement enhances future practicing specialty pharmacists’ awareness and knowledge through education, professional development, leadership opportunities, and networking.
We have more than 150 active and engaged student members, with active student chapters at many prominent universities including:
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Ferris State University
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Ohio State University
- University of Arizona
- University at Buffalo
- University of Illinois-Chicago
- University of Kentucky
- University of North Texas
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Southern California
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Specialized workshops, educational sessions, and hands-on leadership opportunities to strengthen skills and expand your network
- Participation on SASP committees, NASP priorities, education, and Annual Meeting programming
- Access to NASP University
- Delivery of an e-news summary on the important developments in specialty pharmacy, the pharma/biotech industry, reimbursement, and policy.
- Discounted registration to the Annual Meeting and Expo
PHARM D PROGRAM ACCREDITATION-CALL FOR COMMENTS-STANDARDS 2025
The ACPE Board of Directors and Staff are beginning work on the next revision of the Accreditation Standards and Key Elements for the Professional Program in Pharmacy Leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy Degree. The current version (“Standards 2016”) became effective July 1, 2016. The ACPE Board has approved a plan that will release the final version of the new standards in June 2024 with implementation planned on July 1, 2025. The new standards will be known as “Standards 2025.” Please click here to review the comments NASP submitted.
Learn and grow.
Being an active member will help you keep your finger on the pulse of this dynamic industry as you prepare to enter the workforce.
See what SASP students are currently engaging with in the most recent issue of The Student Script, the official quarterly newsletter of The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (SASP). Written by SASP students, for students, this newsletter invites the reader to learn more about specialty pharmacy from the student’s perspective.
NASP Ron Bookman Memorial Scholarship Program
The NASP Ron Bookman Memorial scholarship honors the memory of a great industry leader and influencer with unique qualities and values. Ron was a powerful mentor and he was committed to helping other find success and gratification in their life and careers. Four (4) non-renewable scholarships in the amount of $2,500 are awarded to students who possess similar qualities to Ron. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, and/or books.