Last Updated: June 25, 2018
To receive certain benefits of using the Sites, you may be required to provide your personally identifiable information, including name, email address, physical address, phone number, job titles, credit card information, and other employment and background information (“Personal Information”). If you do not agree with the collection of this Personal Information, you should not use the Sites. The following describes the types of personal and other information we may collect about you, and how we use and maintain that information:
The types of cookies we use on our Sites may include:
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We use session cookies to grant our users access to content.
- Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Sites for our users. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your user account or to remember your choices on the Sites.
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser. We do not track users other than for aggregate statistical purposes.
Before you can utilize some portions of our Sites, we may require that you join NASP as a member and provide us with your contact information and generate a password. This registration information may be used, for example, for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account with us or to facilitate the functioning of our Sites. If you provide us with an email address or telephone number, you expressly agree that we, or our authorized agents, can use that email address or telephone number to contact your about your account, or about NASP and its associated activities.
We may keep any information that you provide to us indefinitely.
Our Sites include the ability for you and other users to link to social networking websites. As a result, we may receive information about you when you choose to post or otherwise share information about our Sites on these social networking websites. We may use such information about you in a variety of ways, including to administer the Sites and enhance your experience with the Sites, and to communicate with you about the Sites and new offerings or activities associated with the Sites. We may keep all of this information indefinitely.
When you engage in any financial transaction through our Sites, you will be asked to provide certain of your financial information, such as a check or credit card number and billing address. Unless you are a member of NASP, we will only keep this information as long as necessary to complete the transaction or series of recurring transactions authorized by you.
If you no longer want to receive emails from NASP, you may opt out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of certain email you receive or, if you have an online account, you may log in to your account and make changes to your communication preferences. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing using the above methods, please contact us directly at the email or phone number listed below under Contact. Please allow ample time for us to process your request. However, please note that even if you opt out from receiving emails, we will send you service-related communications and may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
We will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose any Personal Information that we collect about you through our Sites, except in any of the following situations:
- You request or authorize the release of your Personal Information.
- We may use the Personal Information we collect from you to fulfill your requests, manage the Sites, communicate with you about membership, registrations, products, services, events and education, and conduct research and analysis.
- We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors and payment processors who perform services for us in connection with the Sites, or to complete or confirm a transaction or series of transactions that you conduct with us. We may also disclose Personal Information to service providers or suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform business, professional or technical support for us.
- We may provide your Personal Information to our affiliates and sponsors, so as to provide access to benefits and communicate important information about them. We may also provide such Personal Information to other select third parties approved by NASP as offering products or services relevant and useful to you. The use by and/or content of communications from any third party will be pre-approved by NASP.
- We may disclose Personal Information about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of the assets or business of NASP.
- We may disclose Personal Information about you to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce other agreements you may have with NASP, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a consumer reporting agency for fraud protection). We reserve the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that cannot identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our Sites or the number of people who have downloaded a particular document.
While we take steps to protect your Personal Information and keep it secure, you also play a role in protecting your information. You can help to maintain the security of your online transactions by not sharing your account information and password with anyone. NASP cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our Sites, and therefore you use our Sites at your own risk.
If you are under the age of 18, please do not use or access the Sites in any way. It is not our intention to and we will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from any child under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected any Personal Information from children under the age of 18, we will promptly delete such information from our databases.
Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. California residents who have an established relationship with NASP may tell us not to share their Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. To opt out, you may contact us at any time as described below.
If you access the Sites from outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of your home country. By allowing us to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your data.